We started Anna on veggies today. Our doctor told us to start with fruits and go all the way through them, then to start on yellow veggies, then green.. well - he didn't mention the orange veggies, so we just decided to do sweet potatoes :)
I think she really liked them! She makes a bitter face to most of the fruits, but her eyes kinda lit up with the Sweet Potatoes and she kept opening her mouth and doing the sign for more. I think we will do carrots next and then start on the yellow veggies.
On the crawling side... nothing much yet. She has been "rotating" for about a month and will spin herself around to get to toys that she wants. She just started pulling her knees up under her one at a time - but it just kinda makes her roll to the side.... oh well - I'm in no rush - it sure is nice not having to chase after her just yet ;)
She has also started trying to pull up on things. We were sitting on the sofa and she grabbed on to my shirt and pulled up to an almost standing position. Then she did it again on her little house thing, again on the futon, and again when she was sitting in her bed... but she can only get about half way up before she starts smiling so big she falls back. Again - no rush... :)
I've been working with her on waving but I think I confused her. I would wave to her and when she would wave back I would clap and say YAY.. well then she thought the response to me waving at her was to clap and say YAY back... oops! She is finally beginning to randomly wave at things. She will see something, someone (or herself in a mirror) and start waving and it is ADORABLE the way she does it, but I have yet to catch it on camera.
I think that's pretty much it in AC news. She has been so much fun to play with. She loves to drop stuff off her high chair and then look for it. She LOVES to talk and squeal (especially when I'm on the phone) and giggle.
She is so much fun. I just love our little Bean!!!
Let me know how the veggies go! With the Sweet potatoes and carrots...it will be funny to see her turn "orange". We found that if we fed Samuel any of those more than once a day/a couple days in a row it looks like he got a REALLY BAD spray tan! Have fun!
ReplyDelete