Right now I would like to thank my mom for being the greatest mom in the world! You have taught me so many valuable life lessons, so many awesome skills and have been an excellent role model and best friend. Thank you for all that you do for me (back then and now), given me, made me, helped me with, I love you so much and hope to be as good of a mom as you!!
And to my fantastic mother in law - I can't even begin to say how much it means to have been married into such a wonderful family. You have proven wrong all the "mother in law stereotypes" and continue to bend over backwards for Chris and I (and now Anna!). You have raised such an amazing son and obviously raised him right into being the perfect husband and father. I am so honored to be a part of your family and I love you very much!
Then to you sis... for constantly saying "just you wait" and "welcome to motherhood"... for all the times you have laughed when I was having contractions during childbirth because you felt my pain... when you sympathized when I was having a mom-moment.... and for giving me a laugh with all of yours. I love you sis - thanks for being a great mom to your kids and a great sis to me!
Now about me and MY mother's day.....
I woke up to Chris and AC singing me a very special Mother's Day song (if you know Chris you will know that it was made up off the top of his head) that was actually pretty good! Usually Chris's songs are one or two lines, this one had about 6 or 7!! What a treat! ;)
Unfortunately, we left the house in kinda a mess before we left for the beach, so my lazy mother's day quickly turned into folding 5 loads of laundry and washing/drying 2 more, washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen and sweeping the bathroom. No - Chris wasn't MAKING me clean, meanwhile he was sweeping/vacuuming the house and mowing the lawn... it's life - it just had to be done!
However, while we were in the midst of cleaning, he said "Piper wanted me to bring this to you" and put a card on the mantle... which I wasn't allowed to open. Then about an hour later he brought out another card and said "The cats wanted me to bring this to you" and put it next to the one on the mantle.. again - couldn't open it. Still waiting...
While we were cleaning - AC went down for a nap and when she woke up - this is what I got to see.... I mean seriously - could bed head and sleepy faces possibly look any cuter???? How did I get so lucky with such a happy pretty little angel? I'm the luckiest mom in the world!!!
AC got up and we ate lunch then Chris went grocery shopping for me (that right there is a HUGE present), came home and started washing my car!!! Ugh, LOVE this Mother's Day thing!!!
Tonight we are eating 2lbs of shrimp we brought home from the beach and then Chris is taking me to get my mother's day present... A NEW POINT AND SHOOT CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had this one for about 4 years and it's nice to have a small camera to toss in the diaper bag and keep with me. Our "big camera" (the DSLR) is just too big to tote around. Anyway - I CONSTANTLY curse our stupid point and shoot camera because it NEVER wants to focus... I miss so many cute moments because the darn thing wont focus! I think even if it wasn't Mother's Day Chris would get me one just so he wont have to hear me complain when I'm taking pictures... I feel like Kate Gosslin and her stupid camera issues (those that watched the show back when it was normal would understand this). Bottom line, I'm getting a new tote bag camera and I'm so excited I almost cried when he told me.... it's the little things in life. ;)
Right now I hear my little love calling me... Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!!
----------
Ok - back to finish the post :) I went for a little Mother's Day run with the bean then came home to a wonderful shrimp dinner and 2 more cards on the mantle!! We ate and then Chris brought out my FAVORITE cake - one with cream cheese frosting... this one happened to be carrot cake (yum!!!!!!!) but I swear, you could smear cream cheese on Limburger cheese and I'd eat it. I got to open the cards and they were the cutest things in the world. Each one had a very sweet personal (and hilarious) message from the pets, from my wonderful husband, and from my sweet Anna. Chris even gave Anna a marker to sign her card to me - I just love it!!

Today was such a great day - I feel so loved - but then again, Chris does a great job of making me feel loved and appreciated every day. Today was definitely extra special, but I feel like every day is mother's day.
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna comment on each post since for some reason they all showed up TODAY! I was wondering when you were going to post again. He's such a great Daddy!! And I totally agree, the best mother's day presents are just him doing chores! :) (PS - can you give me the secret to such a happy child?! She looks so dang sweet!)
ReplyDeleteI back-blogged ;) That's why they all showed up the same day hehe. Have a few more to publish too... we didn't have internet down there (which was actually nice) so I'm just now getting around to going through pics and publishing. As for the happy baby part - no clue... she has just always been a very happy easy going baby! I got lucky!!
ReplyDelete