HOWEVER.... the child is a climber. She has been pulling up on anything she can which means it's time to really start baby proofing. (probably should have started when she started scooting, but that's besides the point ;) ). Today we were playing on the floor and she went over to the fireplace which I have been trying SO HARD to keep her away from - guess it's the perfect height to be tempting. Anyway, I had it padded pretty well so I decided to just watch her and see what she would do. Well.. it started off just getting on her knees and touching stuff, then to her legs... then up went one leg and the little booger was trying to climb up the fireplace!
So naturally I did what any good mother would do... grab my camera in case she was successful. And she was. And I got a pic ;) But yes, I quickly took her off the fireplace and "reset" her.

Lookin a little guilty




In food news: we have introduced her to chicken, turkey and beef. She is not crazy about them - but I've found she will eat anything if I mix it with carrots. She also had pumpkin which was a big win.
She has also started yelling at me... if I take something away from her she will look at me and yell. Not like a cry - but almost like she is saying "hey lady, gimme that back". This happens a lot when I take the laptop away from her.
Still no teeth...
She has been "talking" a LOT lately - and mimicking us. If we say a word she will do a pretty good job at copying our sound... but it's not consistent yet. She is still saying "bye bye" and waves all the time now (just not when I ask her to in front of people... she waits until they actually leave or we leave). And she has also been pointing at EVERYTHING. Yes I know it's "rude" to point - but I'm encouraging it. She will point to her food or water or to a toy... or the lights and fans at BRU... pretty much anything. I think it's cute :)
Her hair is getting longer and is still sometimes strawberry blond and sometimes just blond. (I swear I thought blond had an "e" at the end... but firefox is telling me no.
Hmm... can't think of anything else spectacular she has done - who am I kidding.... everything she does is AWESOME ;) I have a lot of little videos of her just being her that I need to upload. Maybe I'll do that during her nap...
That pretty much catches up on everything... so her 10month post tomorrow may just be pics ;) We are so proud of our little girl - and just can't believe how fast time is going by! I'm trying to savor every little moment, every milestone, every cute face and sweet word.... she is seriously the best little girl in the world!!!!!
What happened to her pants?! Geez, Pam, way to promote child nudity!! At least she has on panties :)
ReplyDeleteAh yes, the panties... and I know how much you like that word (according to your facebook hahha)
ReplyDelete