Anna went for her 9 month check up today. I felt so bad because we had to wake her up in the middle of her nap. She was ZONKED since she missed her morning nap (she didn't wake up till 10am today though!) and we went running (well, she went riding haha)... but still... the child does NOT like to be woken up from her nap!
Anyway - we got there and she was happy as a clam. She was waving and clapping.... even said ta-ga, ta-ga, ta-ga to Dr. Carter after he said it to her (we told him she would mimic him if he said it). We thought this would be easy... but as SOON as the stethoscope hit her back, she SCREAMED!!! And didn't really stop for the nose, ear, or leg check. Finally I just had to pick her up and she immediately stopped. I have GOT to do something about her clingy-ness... but at the same time it's hard not to be flattered ;)
Her stats were:
Weight: 17lbs 4oz (23% !! We were kinda shocked, but he said that it just happens the more active they get - plus they start leveling off at 6 months. He didn't seem concerned at all - I still just hope this is a sign of genetics... come on Chris genes - pull through!!!!)
Height: 29" (92% - More Chris genes??? I'm sooooooooo hopeful)
Head: 44cm (52% - her head is getting bigger! lol)
He said everything looked great. She's hitting all of her milestones on time or early (except for crawling which he said she still has time on.... but she is SOOO close! She will take one or two crawl movements and then drop and take off scooting) He even said we can start introducing dairy and eggs if we wanted. We've already given her yogurt which was mixed with apples and she seemed to like it.
Once the doctor visit was over it was time for the shot. She needed her last IPV (polio) vaccine that she missed a few months back and she was still kinda upset from Dr. Carter that I was not looking forward to the vaccine - but she did FANTASTIC!! She laid down, got the shot and I put the paci in her mouth and not a tear!! I think she just didn't like the cold stethoscope (do they make stethoscope warmers??) and the fact that I just kinda sat down and left her up there with him.
Overall - it was a great visit. He didn't mention anything about her eye alignment this time so he either didnt notice anything, or just didn't want to go there with us hahaha. I still don't see anything so we are leaving it alone.
I haven't had a food recap lately, so here are all the foods AC has had so far.
apples, pears, apricots, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, plums, prunes, peaches, winter squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, spinach (had this yesterday and seemed to like it!), potatoes, green beans, peas, brown rice, lentils, ... I feel like I'm missing something.
We are going to start giving her meats and more finger foods this week. I'll keep you posted on that!
No comments:
Post a Comment