Today was Chris's 32nd birthday!! He had to fly in the morning, but was home by 4pm and then off for 4 days after! Can't complain about that! While he was flying, Anna and I went to the grocery store and got all of Chris's favorite foods to have around the house. For dinner we had filet mignon, baked potatoes with all the fixins and steamed spinach - his favorite meal. We even surprised him with a birthday cake!! Publix had a really cute cake that looked like a lake with a fisherman toy on it... well it came on a huge sheet cake and we could never eat that much cake so I asked if they could put it on an 8" round cake. Nope! I couldn't believe my favorite grocery store was letting me down!!! But they did sell me the little cake topper (for a hefty fee) and I just bought a plain cake and then covered it in blue sprinkles to look like water. It was close enough. He was surprised :)
Today is also my sweet Granny's birthday. She would have been 87 today. We always had so much fun with her and Chris having the same birthday and we thought about her all day. I still have a message on my answering machine from her wishing Chris a happy birthday last year. I can't bear to erase it. We miss her so much and can't wait to see her again one day!! Happy Birthday to two of my favorite people!! Love yall!

I dont know why there is a glare on his eyes, but he was smiling at Anna and I thought it was cute ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment