Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anna on the Farm!

Today we took Anna to "The Farm" which is in Hurtsboro, AL. Chris's family owns a bunch of beautiful acreage and a lake in Alabama right outside of Auburn. It is so peaceful down there and Chris LOVES to go to hunt, fish and just hang out. I tag along sometimes unless it's really hot or the horse flies are out. I hate horseflies!!! :) Chris's brother Philip added a little cabin down there so he could have a nice place to sleep when he goes to Auburn games and we have had the luxury of using it for INDOOR bathroom breaks - and to cool off or stay dry - just depending on the weather. Chris has also worked really hard to restore a john boat and did a fantastic job! It has carpet, vinyl padded seats and everything! We've talked about adding an umbrella stand for sunny days and a radio!

When we went today it was really special because it was her first trip. I know Chris has big plans for her as she gets older... hunting, fishing, shooting, you name it. Today I had to veto a boat ride since we didn't have a life vest for her (we will get one for next time) so we mainly just hung out around the lake. Chris cut down some wire cages that have been around these magnolias for about 20 years. We are hoping it will make the magnolias grow since they have been sunlight deprived for so long! Shag (caretaker extraordinaire) stopped by to meet Anna and to say hello. He took Chris to ride over to the tree plot and check things out over there. It was nice not having to get my car all muddy!

While he was cleaning out the boat from leaves and some water that leaked in, Anna and I played with the camera as we love to do. She is sitting on her own more and more each day so it was pretty fun to be able to plop her down and shoot away!! The lighting was a little harsh since it was the middle of the day, but we got some cute ones. I am a sucker for "warm" pictures and the lighting started getting pretty good for that at sunset so of course we had to take photo session part 2 :)

Anyway, we had a GREAT day! The weather was a PERFECT 61 degrees (in Jan!!), clear skies, NO BUGS - oh and of course Piper loved it too. She loves to walk in the water along the lake and RUN as fast as she can pretty much everywhere. We joke and say that after going to the farm her "love tank" is FULL!

Here are a few pics to leave ya with!

Anna on the dock.




Sittin and lookin at her shoes. She never wears shoes so she was very interested in them.


Doing the "Anna Claire Stare" on the boathouse doorstep


When Anna was born the nurse said "does anyone in your family have red hair?" to which I replied "my mom, why?" and she said... "Well, she has a head FULL of RED hair!" I saw blonde when we were there... but in certain lighting it DEFINITELY has red in it!! Or Strawberry Blonde I guess I should say :)


Chris and Piper walking in the field... checking out places to plant stuff


Me and Anna Claire in the field


Piper walking through the water - she LOVES doing this


Piper finally relaxing

1 comment:

  1. AC is the cutest! I cannot believe she is sitting up already. I wish the Hubster and I had a place to escape like the Farm. Looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete