That was ok though because Anna got to see Santa - with NO WAIT... just walked right up to him. She had just woken up so she was doing the typical "Anna Claire Stare" (we just coined that phrase) but at least she wasnt screaming. He was a GREAT Santa!

After that we walked around and looked at all the Christmas stuff and even got our pic taken with a Gingerbread man and a Nutcracker.




We decided to go to dinner at the Country Store because we have never been since we always have Piper with us when we come down to hike. We feasted on fried food... fried green tomatoes, fried okra, chicken fried chicken, and fried catfish. Anna squealed, talked, laughed and said Mama the whole time - have to admit - it was pretty funny, and at least she was happy and not screaming haha. The food was decent... but probably wont come back :) The lady messed up our ticket and we got free fudge - can't beat that!
After dinner we stopped by the Callaway airstrip where Chris and I got engaged!!! Brought back memories :) There was a house along the way that had this cute little tractor all lit up - couldn't help but to snap a pic.

And then we headed back to the Christmas Village for some hot chocolate and hot cider while we were waiting for our time slot. I just loved the way these little food stands looked - so colorful!



And my favorite - COTTON CANDY!!

They had a lights display on the lawn. One was the Christmas story and the other was The Night Before Christmas. Each one would light up different scenes as the story went on. This is the Christmas story.

And this is it in white

And the Night Before Christmas


I didnt take many pics on the actual tour because I was videoing the whole thing with our NEW VIDEO CAMERA from the Burrus's!!! This is one of the butterflies, a pretty tree and a pic of the winter wonderland. It was pretty cool... I kept waiting for it to get bigger, but it stayed consistent throughout. The Winter Wonderland was by far the BEST. Tons of lights. Chris and I went to Lake Lanier about 5 years ago and it seemed like they had more lights, but it was so stinkin crowded.



Here are some videos of my favorite scenes. I didn't get the swans and stuff at the end because the battery was dying... but they were pretty :)
(coming soon)
On a side note, Anna is back to sucking her thumb. She only did it at night for about 2 weeks, then stopped. She didn't do it at all for a while and today it was back in her mouth during the DAY! And when I say it was in her mouth - I mean she was sucking it like she had been doing it for years... Ugh. Oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment