Chris and I have been ordering Christmas presents for each other the past few weeks... We kinda picked our our own gifts because they were hobby specific. I wanted a bunch of camera stuff and Chris wanted fly fishing stuff... but we both agreed that when it came in I had to wrap his and he had to wrap mine and we COULDN'T LOOK or open till Christmas!! We have also ordered a few gifts for family members... I love online shopping.... especially when I don't want to get my little one out in the nastiness with all the flu stuff still going around. Chris has been great about watching Anna so I can get out and shop a little in REAL stores :)
This weekend Katie, Kristina and I hosted a bridal tool shower for our friends Lynzee and Michael (aka Swifty). It was a Christmas themed tool shower and it was fun! I LOVE shower finger foods!!! mmmmmmm.... I'll have to post pics later, they are on the big camera and I don't feel like getting it right now haha.
It was great because I got to spend the whole weekend at mom and dad's house. Anna had so much fun seeing MooMoo, D-Daddy and Uncle Tim... AND as an added bonus, she got to see Aunt Caron, Allie and Wyatt!!!
Friday night we all went to this house about 10 minutes away that has this CRAZY AWESOME lights display. Well... it's not lights as much as a wonderland of animated things.... I can't even describe it... just watch the video (at the bottom of this post). I have still pics too - but they dont do it justice.. you really need to see it in person. This is the 3rd or 4th year he's done it and it gets bigger every year.
On Sunday Mom and I started a very special project for our big extended family Christmas party. A little surprise for everyone - so I can't say it yet... but I CAN tell you what we are doing different this year. My Aunt Bev suggested instead of exchanging gifts with each other, we should "adopt" a family in need and buy THEM gifts. I asked a friend who runs a safe house for domestic violence victims if she knew of anyone. She wrote back with 2 families and asked which one we wanted.... well after asking everyone - everyone wrote back saying LETS TAKE THEM BOTH!!!
The first family is a dad and 3 kids and the second is a mom and 2 kids. Their Christmas wish list was so simple... just one or two small toys (transformers, wrestlers, barbie stuff....) and then pajamas and clothes. Well... Mom, Dad and Caron went WAY overboard (as us Bell's typically do) and they LOADED up on LOTS of stuff for them!!! This is going to be a GREAT Christmas for them. Everyone else is bring gifts (we assigned kids and the parents to family members) and we are going to wrap them together at the family Christmas party. I'll post pictures of all the stuff we got before it gets wrapped. I just wish we could see their little faces when they open everything!
Chris is off for 3 days this week, then back for his last 4 day trip before a big break.... 11 days off!!!!! He will have from the 21st - 31st off
of work so we will have a FANTASTIC first Christmas with Anna Claire!!! We are heading up to get our hair cut on Wed and then to take Anna to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop (really it's for Chris, but we will pretend it's for Anna haha). Chris is going to his brother's Christmas party that night and I'm heading BACK to Loganville to spend 5 days with the fam. Our fam Christmas is on Sunday so hopefully I can help mom get the house picked up and a few dishes made... and then just relax the rest of the time.Anyway - all that to let you know if you don't hear back for a week - that's why. I'll pop back in and post some pictures from the shower. I also have other random pictures that I've taken that just haven't made it to the blog yet.... I'll get on that too :)
I leave you with the Christmas display video...
No comments:
Post a Comment