Next stop was Caron's house for another trade. I gave her some Halloween treats for Allie and Wyatt - and she gave me a lightscoop and $15.
Finally we arrived at the mountains. Phil and Marcia were at a weekly class they are taking, but they left us with lasagna, salad, bread, a bottle of wine, and 2 fishing licenses :) You couldn't ask for better in-laws!! We grabbed the wine and headed out to the field for the sunset, then back inside for dinner.

Chris was admiring the firewood they have for the winter... and they will probably use it all too ;)


And ended up in the field for a little sunset

That night Chris and I made dinner for the Burrus's (for once!). We had bourbon salmon, green beans, wild rice AND fried green tomatoes (compliments of mom's garden and "Uncle" Tom's recipe!) And then smores on the fire for dessert! Yummy!
Green tomatoes from mom and dad's garden!

One layer of the fried green tomatoes - we had about 5 layers!

Thurs we decided to go fly fishing. Chris had a new place he wanted to check out. Once we got there we had lunch and then hiked down to the river. Anna LOVED the hike!!





The river was beautiful. It was right next to the dam, so Phil, Marcia, Anna and I just hung out and relaxed while Chris fished for a bit. After a while we hiked back up to our cars and then back down a different path to a different river (we were right at a fork where they met!). The trail was really neat and the river was much wider. Chris went wading again - and I even got to cast a little from the shore (I left my waders and boots in the car - oh well, next time). Neither of us caught anything but it was so much fun!!!

Then back home and back to the field to watch the sunset (this is one of our favorite activities)




Anna was cracking up at Chris - we just caught the tail end of it on video.
Today it was a little foggy and overcast, but Chris headed back out for a little fly fishing while Anna, Piper and I hung out inside. Marcia came to hang out with us and we both got to see Anna reach for things for the first time! It was pretty cool!! We just finished lunch and a nap - and it's perfect weather for it too because there have been showers here and there.
Tonight we have to pack up so we can leave in the morning.... but we will be back soon :)
Green tomatoes from mom and dad's garden!

One layer of the fried green tomatoes - we had about 5 layers!

Thurs we decided to go fly fishing. Chris had a new place he wanted to check out. Once we got there we had lunch and then hiked down to the river. Anna LOVED the hike!!





The river was beautiful. It was right next to the dam, so Phil, Marcia, Anna and I just hung out and relaxed while Chris fished for a bit. After a while we hiked back up to our cars and then back down a different path to a different river (we were right at a fork where they met!). The trail was really neat and the river was much wider. Chris went wading again - and I even got to cast a little from the shore (I left my waders and boots in the car - oh well, next time). Neither of us caught anything but it was so much fun!!!

Then back home and back to the field to watch the sunset (this is one of our favorite activities)




Anna was cracking up at Chris - we just caught the tail end of it on video.
Today it was a little foggy and overcast, but Chris headed back out for a little fly fishing while Anna, Piper and I hung out inside. Marcia came to hang out with us and we both got to see Anna reach for things for the first time! It was pretty cool!! We just finished lunch and a nap - and it's perfect weather for it too because there have been showers here and there.
Tonight we have to pack up so we can leave in the morning.... but we will be back soon :)
She is soooooo precious. I LOVE her laugh, it is so sweet. I LOVE her!
ReplyDeleteMOOMOO