Today our friend Beth (in pictures) came over at 6:30am to watch Anna while Chris and I ran the Peachtree. She did great and was asleep again when we got home.
Chris and I finished in 1hr 6min (ok, well technically 1hr 10min but I took a 4 min pit stop at the 1 mile marker) which is only 3 minutes slower than our 2008 time. It's not too bad considering we have not trained at ALL!! I've run about 10 times - but not any in the past month and a half. It's just been too darn hot! So anyway - I was pleased with our time. We are going to try to run another 10k to qualify for next year's Peachtree in a faster time group.
We were kinda rushed this morning and Chris had to rush off to work after so I didn't even get pics of us at the Peachtree. We had one of the Peachtree photo people take one of us at the beginning and under the photo bridge so we will at least have those.
Now it's just me and AC at home for the 4th. I may drive her somewhere to watch the fireworks downtown... or we may just stay on the sofa :)
Happy Independence Day!!










No comments:
Post a Comment