Today is Chris's 33rd birthday!!! Unfortunately Chris had to work and we didn't really do anything big to celebrate. I made him dinner and got a couple slices of cake... but since he had to work today and go in early tomorrow we just kinda hung out.
AC and I did go to Target for a few things - one of which was a card. I found one for me to give him, but was looking for one for AC to give him. Anna was in the shopping cart and I kept hearing her say "Eh-mo, Eh-mo.... Piper... Eh-mo". I look over and she's pointing at a card that had Elmo on it (and the one next to it had a dog that looked like Piper haha). Today was really the first time that we pointed to Elmo and said "Elmo" to her... but she obviously likes the red furry guy... because when I started pushing her away from the Elmo card she started fussing. So we went back and I picked up the card and she shreeked EH-MO!!!! So we got the card for her to give to Chris. Even better - when you open it up you can push a button it has Elmo singing Happy Birthday. And she pushed it, and pushed it, and pushed it... over and over and over again. I literally had to pry it out of her hands to put her in the car seat hahhaa.
Also have to mention - today is also Granny's birthday. She was always so good about calling Chris on his birthday. I still have the message saved on my answering machine from two years ago - only one month before she passed away where she was calling Chris to wish him a happy birthday. I miss her so bad and hope she's having a great birthday in Heaven.
Happy Birthday to two of my favorite people!!! Love you both!
No comments:
Post a Comment