Saturday, October 30, 2010

Anna's First 5k

This morning AC ran the Peeples Elementary 5K with me. This is part of the Rotary Grand Prix series of races that I did 2 years ago (before AC). I wanted to do it again this year, but have a hard time finding someone to watch AC since Chris works most Saturdays - so I decided to just take her with me on the run!!

It was FREEZING cold but we made it in 32:35. I did have to stop twice to give her snacks and get her covered... and starting about mile 2 she screamed the whole way back. Come to find out her poor little hands were frozen stiff and she couldn't even eat the snacks I was handing her!!!! I felt terrible! :(

All bundled up about to start the race


But we made it - and even managed to get first place in our age group :) Even beat some girl who yelled "No fair - she's pushing a jogging stroller" - like it was EASIER to be doing that!! Sheesh.

Admiring our 1st place medal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment