This 4th of July (well technically the 3rd) Chris and I both left AC for the first time and stayed at the Westin Peachtree so we could start the Peachtree Road Race. AC stayed at MooMoo and D-Daddy's house and they said she didn't get fussy or whiney ONCE!! Geez - we should leave her more often ;)
AC LOVES looking at the family history book that my Aunt Bev wrote tracing our family line back to the Mayflower!! She will take the book out and carry it over to MooMoo and say "it's heavy" hahah and it is!! It's quite the book!!!!
They played, colored with chalk, ate some ice cream and had a good ole time.
Meanwhile Chris and I got to relax kid-free in the hotel room, wake up early to watch the setup for the Peachtree Road Race and even got to see the wheel chairs and the Kenyans (ok, the 'top seeded' runners) go off!! Our view was AMAZING and next year we are going to try to get the same room so we can watch the fireworks at Lenox the next night!!
The view from our room - runners lined up about to start the top seeded group!!
Chris finished with a great time of 59:27 and I finished in 55:01. It was a HOT race - I think the starting temp was around 75degrees and it was HUMID. But we finished strong and we are psyched for next year! We can't wait until AC can do the Peachtree Jr.!!!!
And when we came back to get her, we had a big ole July 4th feast of ribs, portabello mushroom burgers, fresh garden green beans, squash casserole, potato salad and yummy desserts!!
Here are a couple of AC's annual July 4th pics :)
I have a lot of catching up to do on the blog. TONS of pictures so bear with me!!





No comments:
Post a Comment